Sunday, August 24, 2008

Apron and Hair



I finally finished (I think) my apron for the swap. This was hard. Mainly because I am used to sewing for myself and this was for a woman of different size. Hopefully it came out really well. I am not happy with the straps, but the pocket, I love!

We also had to make a potholder. This was my first attempt at that. It was pretty easy so my family may all be getting a few of them for Christmas (wink wink.) Now I just have to include my favorite pie recipe. This is the hardest part. Really, because I never make pies the same way twice. I am more of a freehand cooker, much like I am at sewing. I find it more satisfying that way.I added hair on Rose. She looks better. I started a second doll. The girl Rose will live with has a sister (well one is unborn, and I figured that Madder can chose which doll she likes best and the other can belong to her soon-to-be-born sister Mel.) I think I would have preferred to make the hair go all the way around the cap. Maybe next time. It is fun to create, to have a basic idea of what you are doing and to go from there. The endless possibilities!

No comments: