Sunday, September 14, 2008

Aprons and Cloak

Notice the chicken buttons? I love them.
Front of Aunt's apron.
Apron for our friend.
My mom lent me an apron that was my great Aunt's. Today I sewed a copy of it, but the colors are awful, it was just a mock up. However I was able to shrink (in my head) the pattern to make a 3 year old sized version out of this super cute chicken fabric. I also made an apron for a nearly 8 year old. These two aprons will be sent to my good friend in Texas. Notice the heart pocket? My daughter wrote her friend a note that said "I will hold you in my heart" so we put a heart pocket on the apron and I am going to put that card in the pocket. This is a cloak I made for my niece's third birthday. She loves princesses, and all princesses need a cloak lined in pink satin, right? It is a little heavy (especially for Arizona!), so I might make her a lighter one, too. Since it was so easy and fast (took about an hour total.) It will nearly hang to the floor on her, but will fit her for years. (I was able to put it on. My seven year old is wearing it in the picture.)

2 comments:

Amy said...

What darling aprons and cloak! And your little girl is such a good model. : )

Where do you get the time to go to school, take care of your family, cook for 14 hours (!!!!) and still find time to sew? You are amazing!

Are you making your Halloween costumes? What are the girls going to be?

Drop me a line when you are ready for me to send the money order for the dolly. I just need to know who and where to send it.

Happy sewing!

Megan said...

Love the chicken apron! Also love the apron you sent me -- thank you, thank you, for a gorgeous apron! I love the fabric, the rick-rack, the nice deep pocket -- everything! Oh, and the quilting on the potholder -- so lovely! Can't wait to try the recipe too -- I love chocolate and I love spice, so I'm betting it's a winner!